The premise of the paleolithic (paleo) diet is simple: Eat only foods that existed during the hunter-gatherer era. That means grass-fed meats and wild fish, fruits and vegetables, and nuts & seeds (including their healthy oils), while excluding all dairy, legumes, and grains. And while that seems simple enough, the paleo diet seems to plagues by a few myths. Let's unpack some common stereotypes:
- MYTH: The paleo diet means you only eat meat—and lots of it.
- MYTH: The paleo diet isn’t healthy.
- MYTH: The paleo diet is expensive.
- MYTH: The paleo diet is boring.
- MYTH: The paleo diet is only for CrossFit fanatics.
- MYTH: The paleo diet is environmentally irresponsible.