We've got lots of great items on sale in our 100% organic produce section this week*. Here are just a few of them along with recipes for inspiration.
1. Organic StrawberriesStrawberries provide a vitamin C boost as well as a great amount of folate, potassium, manganese, and fiber. Couple them with Kale in this Kale and Strawberry Breakfast Bowl, and you've got yourself delicious, nutritious, and filling meal. Sale Price: $3.99/ea.
2. Organic Lacinato Kale & Organic AvocadosAbby from Super Simple Foods featured a Massaged Kale Salad at our raw food class back in January, and it was absolutely delish! This raw salad is nutrient dense--it's loaded with natural fiber from the kale and healthy fats from the avocado. Sale Price: Lacinato Kale $1.99/ea. | Avocados 2/$3
3. Organic Rainbow Baby Peeled CarrotsColorful rainbow carrots make this veggie side dish impossible to resist, and using baby carrots turns it into a five-minute recipe! Plus, it provides a rainbow of rich nutrients including antioxidants called carotenoids, which your body can’t naturally produce unless you digest them. Sale Price: 2/$5
4. Organic AsparagusStudies have shown that asparagus may help balance insulin levels, which is why these Grilled Asparagus and Black Bean Tacos are on our dinner menu this week. Plus, you can whip them up in just 25 minutes, making them a great option for those nights when you're short on time. Sale Price: $3.99/lb.
5. Organic Medjool DatesLate-night sweet tooth? Try eating some dates (or even better--this Cookie Dough Freezer Fudge)! Dates are naturally sweet and contain tryptophan, which studies have shown can help with sleep. Sale Price: $6.99/lb
See the full list of produce sale items here. *Sale prices valid 3/21-3/26.