We've got lots of great items on sale in our 100% organic produce section this week*. Here are just a few of them along with recipes for inspiration.
1. Organic Honey-Crisp ApplesThis Apple and Peanut Butter Smoothie takes an all-time favorite snack and turns it into a convenient and filling breakfast. The apple alone contributes 10 grams of fiber! Reg. Price: $3.99/lb.Dean's List Sale Price: $3.59/lb.
2. Organic Butternut SquashThis Quick and Easy Butternut Squash Panini won’t just taste like fall in every bite, it may also help keep your blood pressure down. A one-cup serving of butternut squash contains almost 500 mg of potassium, which research has shown can help decrease your blood pressure.
Reg. Price: $1.79/lb.
Dean's List Sale Price: $1.29/lb.
3. Organic Acorn SquashFall marks the return of cozy foods, like soup, and this Roasted Acorn Squash and Leek Soup with Pepitas is cozier than a warm blanket! Plus, acorn squash is extremely nutrient-dense for its size and has a diverse range of nutrients. Reg. Price: $1.79/lb. Dean's List Sale Price: $1.29/lb.
4. Organic Spaghetti Squash & BroccoliThese low-carb Vegetarian Spaghetti Squash Boats are incredibly simple to prepare and can be made in just 30 minutes. Give ‘em a try this week while two of the main ingredients are on sale ;)
Reg. Price: Spaghetti Squash: $1.79/lb. Broccoli: $3.49/ea
Dean's List Sale Price: Spaghetti Squash: $1.29/lb. Broccoli: $1.99/ea.
5. Organic Gala Apples & Fuji ApplesThat cool crisp feeling is in the air, which means Vegan Apple Crisp should be on the dessert menu this week. The best part: you’ll be less likely to over-indulge thanks to the apples’ high fiber content. Reg. Price: $2.99/lb. Dean's List Sale Price:Gala Apples: $1.99/lb.Fuji Apples: $2.39/lb.
See the full list of produce sale items here. * Sale prices valid 10/03 - 10/09