I served this creamy pasta dish to my family this weekend and they were in LOVE, so in love that they wouldn't stop talking about it. They couldn't believe the sauce was made with cauliflower and no butter, cheese or cream! We paired it with gluten-free pasta and peas to keep it light for the spring.
- 1 medium organic cauliflower, cut into florets (Weekly Dean's List Sale $2.99/ea.)*
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk or any plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pasta of your choice (We love Jovial Spaghetti for a gluten-free option)
- Add cauliflower florets in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a low boil. Once boiling, cook for another 6 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, add the oil into a skillet and saute the minced garlic over low heat for 5 minutes until soften and fragrant.
- In a high speed blender, add the cooked and drained cauliflower, sauteed garlic, plant based milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Blend until a super smooth sauce forms.
- Serve over your pasta of choice, we love adding peas!
*Price valid 4/23 - 4/29