We are newly obsessed with these easy chocolate covered frozen bananas! The best part: most of the ingredients are Fair Trade in honor of World Fair Trade Day on Saturday, May 12th.
How does Fair Trade help?
- It proves that greater justice in world trade is possible.
- It highlights the need for change in the rules and practice of conventional trade and shows how a successful business can also put people first.
- It is a tangible contribution to the fight against poverty, climate change and economic crisis.
- 4 large ripe Organic Fair Trade Bananas, peeled and cut in half (May Monthly Sale 69¢/lb.)**
- 1 Green & Blacks Fair Trade Organic Chocolate Bar,melted -- see tip below (Weekly Dean's List Sale 2/$5)*
- Desired toppings - we used chopped raw organic almonds
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Dip the half bananas into the melted chocolate. Try to cover most of the banana.
- Sprinkle with desired toppings!
- Place the bananas on the baking sheet and freeze until frozen, about 2 hours.
CHOCOLATE MELTING TIP: Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted. Or place chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
*Price valid 5/1 to 5/31
** Price valid 5/7 to 5/13