If your a pesto freak (we sure are) -- you are going to love this Super Green Kale Pesto, it's packed with green goodness and fresh flavors! We went for the low-carb gluten free option by serving it over zucchini noodles.
- 2 to 3 cloves organic garlic
- 3 cups packed organic kale, about 1 small bunch (Earth Day Week Sale 99¢/ea.)*
- ¾ cup raw walnuts (Earth Day Week Sale 20% Off)*
- 2 tablespoons organic lemon juice,about 1 lemon
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil or water if your on the oil free kick
- Gluten free option: zucchini noodles
- Or 1 box of pasta
- Add all the ingredients except the oil to a food processor and pulse until crumbly, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Continue pulsing and add the oil in a slow, steady stream until well blended.
- Mix pesto over zucchini noodles or pasta and serve.
TIP: Don't throw out your kale stems. Stretch your bunches of kale even further and reduce food waste in honor of Earth Day with this Kale Stem Pesto Recipe!
*Price valid 4/16 to 4/22