It's always a pleasure having Jessica Jarmer teach us how to make delicious vegan food at home. This class we made two plant-based dishes with no added oil -- Vegan Cheesy Potatoes and Lentil Chili! Missed the class? No problem -- we have the recipes for you below!
Vegan Cheesy PotatoesIngredients:
- 2 cups peeled & diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots1
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. veggie broth powder (optional)
- In a sauce pan, simmer the potatoes and the carrots in enough water to cover.
- Simmer until soft and then drain.
- Place the potatoes and the carrots and the rest of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve over baked potatoes.
- 2/3 cup brown lentils
- 1/2 cup bulger
- 4 cups water
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. smoked Paprika
- 2 Tbsp. Braggs liquid aminos
- In a saucepan, bring lentils, bulger and water to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes, drain any remaining water.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and allow to cook on low for 15 minutes.