This simple budget-friendly recipe is a nutritional powerhouse. Avocados provide nutritious heart-healthy fats, folate, vitamin A, potassium, and half your day's fiber. One large egg has 13 essential vitamins and minerals and high-quality protein, all for just 70 calories. When you combine the two you have a delicious and healthy protein-packed breakfast! Ingredients:
- 2 organic avocados, halved and seeded
- 4 organic eggs
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh scallions or chives, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Using a spoon, scoop out about two tablespoons of avocado flesh, or more, as needed,creating a small well in the center of each avocado.
- Gently crack 1 egg, and slide it into the well, keeping the yolk intact. Repeat with remaining eggs; season with salt and pepper.
- Place into oven and bake until the egg whites have set but the yolks are still runny, about 18 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with scallions or chives, if desired.