Sometimes #ThreeIngredientThursday calls for a simple Southwest-inspired tofu scramble. It's our go to when we need a powerful breakfast or an easy dinner -- and who doesn't love breakfast for dinner?! INGREDIENTS
- Organic Lacinato Kale (1 small bunch)
- Organic Red Pepper (1 medium sized)
- 7 oz. Organic Extra Firm Tofu (we love Woodstock)
- Pat tofu dry, and roll in a clean, absorbent towel with something heavy on top, such as a cast-iron skillet, for 15 minutes.
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add 1-2 tbsp cooking oil and then the red pepper. Saute until softened - about 5 minutes.
- Add kale and cover to steam - about 2 minutes.
- In the meantime, unwrap tofu, and use a fork to crumble into bite-sized pieces.
- Use a spatula to move the veggies to one side of the pan and add tofu. Saute for 10 minutes until the tofu is slightly browned. Add salt & pepper to taste if desired.
- Serve & enjoy!