We love spring cleaning our houses, cars, and closets but what about our diets?
There's no better time than spring to clean up your diet and embrace all the delicious produce that's in season! This spring detox soup is so easy to make and most importantly it's absolutely DELICIOUS.
- 1 lb. organic beets (about 2 large), unpeeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large organic green squash, cut into chunks (Weekly Dean's List Sale $1.99/lb.)*
- 1 large organic carrot, unpeeled and cut into chunks
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped organic onion (about 1 small)
- 1/4 cup organic cilantro, tender stems included
- 2 cloves organic garlic
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- organic mint
- Stony Brook NY Grown Pepitas (April's Monthly Sale $2.99/ea.)**
- Organic Flax Seeds
1. Add all ingredients to a large pot. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 25-30 minutes until the beets are tender.
2. Transfer mixture to a blender or use a hand-held stick blender, and purée until smooth.
3. Serve hot and garnish soup with above ingredients.
TIP: You can also serve the soup chilled! Just throw it in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.