We've got lots of great items on sale in our 100% organic produce section this week*. Here are just a few of them along with recipes for inspiration.
1. Organic Red PlumsThe best way to kick off a hot and happy 4th of July weekend? A Patriotic Red Plum Smoothie of course! Plums may not be the first fruit to come to mind when you think of smoothies, but their vitamin A, B2, and C content make them a great choice.
Reg. Price: $2.79/lb.Sale Price: $2.49/lb.
2. Organic Strawberries & BlueberriesBlueberries and strawberries are low in fat and calories, making this festive Blueberry & Strawberry Salsa not just perfect for 4th of July, but a great snack for any summer day! Reg. Price:Strawberries: $6.99/ea. Blueberries: $5.99/ea. Sale Price: $3.99/ea.
3. Organic CauliflowerVegans & Vegetarians: looking for a 4th of July treat that isn’t a veggie burger? Try getting your wings on the vegan way with these Easy Cauliflower Buffalo Wings. Reg. Price: $4.99/ea.Sale Price: $3.29/ea.
4. Organic Baby Broccoli & Grape TomatoesWant a healthy no-fuss meal before you cook your heart out this holiday weekend? Try this Vegan Veggie-Loaded Quesadilla. The baby broccoli and grape tomatoes are loaded with dietary fiber, which helps promote a healthy digestive system.
Baby Broccoli: $3.29/ea.
Grape Tomatoes: $3.99/ea.Sale Price: Baby Broccoli: $2.39/ea. Grape Tomatoes: $2.99/ea.
5. Organic BlackberriesIn charge of bringing dessert to your 4th of July BBQ? You’ll be the hit of the party with these Blackberry Almond Rolls. Plus, the blackberries in the glaze are loaded with vitamins A, C, and K (something your guest won’t be disappointed by). Yum! Reg. Price: $3.29/ea. Sale Price: $2.99/ea.
See the full list of produce sale items here. *Sale prices valid 6/27 - 7/03