A RECIPE FROM ENDANGERED SPECIES CHOCOLATE
Endangered Species Chocolate remains a leader in supplying ethical chocolate. We’re proud to be a Non-GMO, Fair Trade premium chocolate option for consumers. We have made a commitment to donate 10% of our annual net profits to our GiveBack partners; giving back over $1,700,000 over the last three years alone. Our commitment is even stronger today as we drive towards our company goal of giving a million dollars back to conservation annually.
MINT FLOURLESS ENDANGERED SPECIES CHOCOLATE TORTE
Gluten-free life is full of struggles when it comes to cakes. There are so few flours that are a good substitute for wheat flour which contains the magical substance called gluten that helps cakes stay moist and hold their shape. Gluten-free flours can make cakes dense, dry and crumbly, but never fear! We have just the recipe for you and it contains no flour at all.
Behold, the tremendous Deep Forest Mint Flourless Chocolate Torte which is gluten-free by design.
It’s rich with a smooth texture, amazing taste and our Dark Chocolate with Forest Mint gives this torte a refreshing quality perfect for these upcoming summer months.
You might think that you can skip the cacao nibs in this recipe at first glance, but it would be an enormous mistake. The crunch balances the smoothness of the torte perfectly and you’ll be waiting for it in every bite after the first.
Gluten-free lifestylers rejoice. This is the dessert you’ve been waiting for.
Mint Flourless Chocolate Torte
- 9 oz. (3 bars) Endangered Species Chocolate Dark Chocolate with Deep Forest Mint
- 1 stick salted butter
- 7 large eggs, separated
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon white granulated sugar, keep separated
- 4 tablespoons Endangered Species Chocolate Cacao Nibs
- Fresh mint for garnish
- PREHEAT oven to 250°F.
- IN a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter, stirring frequently
- REMOVE from heat and cool the chocolate to room temperature
- IN a separate bowl, whisk egg whites (by hand or electric mixer) until foamy, but not stiff
- ADD ⅓ cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form
- IN another bowl, whisk egg yolks together for 30 seconds, until thick and uniform
- STIR into cooled chocolate (if you do this with hot chocolate, you’ll end up with scrambled eggs in your chocolate!)
- COMBINE egg white and sugar mixture with chocolate, gently stirring until batter is uniform in texture and color
- GENEROUSLY grease a 9” springform pan and dust with cacao nibs and remaining sugar
- POUR batter into pan and place on center rack of oven
- BAKE for 1½ hours, until set
- LET cool for 15 minutes then run a knife along outer edge
- COOL completely
- Remove from pan and serve with fresh mint for garnish.
Makes 10-12 servings.